Green Smoothie- Kid Friendly
• 2 cups fresh spinach (if not already washed, wash thoroughly)
• 2 cups 100% juice (I used pineapple)
• ½ cup non-fat plain yogurt
• 2 cups frozen mangoes
• 1 very ripe banana
• Measure two cups of tightly packed spinach and put into blender.
• Add juice and yogurt and blend until leafy chunks are gone.
• Add mango, banana and blend together until smooth.
• Pour into a glass and enjoy!
• This recipe is kid friendly because it is sweet tasting even with the spinach. With the addition of the pineapple juice and mangoes, you really can’t taste the spinach at all, kids and adults love this!
• Make sure and blend up the spinach with the juice first so it won’t be chunky.
• You can adjust this recipe to suit your taste by using kale instead of spinach or a different kind of juice as long as it’s 100% juice.
• This is a great, simple way to incorporate some greens into your family’s diet.
• Perfect for breakfast, lunch or an on the go snack.
• I used a Vitamix Blender- get more information on Vitamix here.